Monday, April 9, 2012

Event Planners..Don't get it twisted!

As a Events Planner I have to keep an open mind with how people view my line of work. One common misconception is that event planners are fund-raisers; Although fundraising can be incorporated into an event, the planners responsibility is to do just that; plan. I was recently approached to do a Celebrity fundraiser. Now, the event itself did not give me pause, it was the request to solicit funds that threw me for a loop. Traditionally, event planners are not fundraisers, but always eager to take on a challenge, I collected my retainer and set to work! I have never felt more like a fish out of water in my life, but I am so happy to report that things are turning out better than expected! I have actually brought creative ideas to the table that the sponsor considers quite "innovative". Accepting this challenge has reinforced a valuable principle in my life... You can never hope to fly if you don't spread your wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment